FIT TIPS, TRICKS and SECRETS
Specializing in NYC's Women's Fitness
Call or email today and let’s get started on your fitness journey!Committed to your success,Stacy Papakostas,NYC Adventure Boot Camp for Womenwww.NYCAdventureBootCamp.com(917)822-3440Subscribe to our BlogFollow us on TwitterFriend us on Face BookOh by the way...The best compliment we receive is a referral from our clients. Personal introductions allow me to focus my time and energy where it belongs - working for you rather than looking for you. With that in mind, please do not keep us a secret. Your valued assistance helps me to help you, your family, friends and business associates.
If you are in New York City and interested in joining our all woman’s boot camp or Fitness Boxing Classes please visit NYC ADVENTURE BOOT CAMP, mention that you found us through our blog for and extra 15% off a membership. Come work out like a GIRL!!!Upcoming Camps
Please check out the calendar to reserve your spot. Can't wait to see you all at our upcoming camps. Let's make it the best session yet.
Check out our 2020 Calendar!!!
Call for more information: 917-822-3440
CHECK IT OUT!!!
GROCERY SHOPPING TOURS learn how to shop and eat healthy
DOWNLOAD your FREE copy of "Weight Loss Secrets Revealed"
ONLINE Fitness Training ProgramSAVE 25% This Year At Boot Camp!
ABC ON FACEBOOK Add Us!
ABC ON TWITTER Follow Us!
Have you taken a class at NYC Adventure Boot Camp? Tell us all about it! CLICK HERE>>>GOOGLE REVIEW
Create Your Own Boot Camp! Can't find a time or location that suits you? Have a group that you want to share a private, custom tailored boot camp with? No problem, we will bring boot camp to you! You get the group together (minimum of six) and let us know what days, times, and location you would like your boot camp to take place and leave the rest to us. We will work with your group to design a plan that works best for you.
Private Personal Training. Programs are designed to meet your specific goals whether it be weight loss, muscle gain, toning, strengthening, flexibility, balance, etc. We are committed to seeing every client accomplish their health and fitness goals and we are there to keep you motivated and determined along the way. We bring our training programs to your house, gym, or outdoor park. Work Hard! Look Right!
Gift Certificates. Give the gift of Health, Fitness & Fun. Having a strong, fit, youthful, and energetic body is priceless. Give someone you love the gift that keeps on giving. You can change someone's life by giving them a new body they can be proud of and confident in. Gift certificates are available in dollar amounts or you can purchase a complete service.
I suggest you get your mind ready, your food cabinet stacked up with the right foods, get your sneakers out and get your body moving with NYC Adventure Boot Camp.
Our Boot Camp program is designed to challenge your strength and endurance while burning lots of calories. The workouts are quick and fun! I guaranteed you will see the changes necessary to get you into those clothes you love so much in no time at all.
did you plateau OR fall off the wagon?
Have your weight loss results stopped? Or never got started?
Before you blame a fitness plateau for your lack of results let’s take a hard look at the following:
1. Your Diet: It’s human nature to begin to slip on your nutrition after a few weeks of stringent diligence. A small treat here, and a bite of something there, and before you know it you’ve fallen back into old eating habits. If your results have stopped then take the next few weeks to track your nutrition and hold yourself accountable for every bite.
2. Your Workouts: If your nutrition has truly stayed on point then your workouts could be the problem. Are you slacking on the final few reps? Have you reduced your overall intensity in the gym? Did you skip a few sessions last week? Before you blame a plateau for your reduced results take a really hard look at your effort in the gym. Rededicate yourself to pushing as hard as you can.
3. Your Sleep: This is a tough one for so many people, but you simply must be getting adequate sleep in order to lose fat and develop muscle. Your body needs close to eight hours of sleep each night in order to recover from your workouts and to maintain balanced hormone levels. Getting to bed on time is vitally important to your fitness results.
If you have tackled the three steps above and still don’t see the number on your scale moving in the right direction, then move on to these next plateau-busting steps…
4. Track Your Efforts: It’s time to get meticulous with tracking your fitness efforts, from exactly what your workouts consist of, to exactly what and when you eat in order to constantly improve. Make it your goal to outdo yourself every day. If you’re constantly performing better today than you were yesterday, then your plateau will quickly become a distant memory.
5. Track Your Results: Simply checking your weight on the scale is not a thorough enough measurement for your progress. Start tracking additional metrics for change. Take your measurements. Have your bodyfat tested. Take pictures of yourself weekly. It’s important to be fully aware of how your body is changing as a whole unit, not just the number on the scale. You may be surprised to find that your body fat has been dropping while your weight has stayed the same.
See me for additional strategies on breaking through your fitness plateau. Together we will get you on a program that will melt fat and expose shape and definition.
Call or email me today to get started. Let’s do this!
Ooops, that was bad
Once in a while you are going to have a bad week. Your nutrition will be off, your workouts will be weak, and your head will not be in the game.
Remember that you are human, and that sometimes your body needs a little break. The key is to take care of yourself in that moment, to not let yourself stray too far off your fitness plan during the time of rest, and to then get yourself back on track next week.
Many people allow a bad week to spiral into a bad month, or even a bad year. My hope for you is that you’re able to give yourself time to rest and then quickly get back to your program in full force, rested and ready to get at it!
Favorite Beef Brisket
It’s important to enjoy whole food protein sources like this Easy Beef Brisket in your fitness meal plan. In addition to being one of the most delicious dishes you’ll ever make, you may be surprised to find it is one of the easiest.
Don’t let the lengthy cook time deter you. It’s as simple as mixing up a marinade, letting it sit overnight, and then popping it in the oven to slow cook for half of the day. Make it on the weekend and enjoy the delightful aroma as it cooks.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
5 cloves Garlic
4 cups beef broth
1 cup coconut aminos
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
5 pounds beef brisket
1. Combine all of the ingredients, except the brisket, in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Place the brisket in a large roasting pan, fat side up. Cover with the marinade. Cover the roasting pan tightly with foil. Marinate in the fridge for 24–48 hours. Let those juices do their flavorful magic!
3. Roast at 300 ̊F for 4 hours, or 40 minutes per pound. Remove the foil after 4 hours, place under the high broil for a few minutes to lightly char the top. Transfer to a cutting board and slice. Put the slices back in the juices. Serve hot. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 310 calories, 9g fat, 321mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 47g protein
NYCAdventure Boot Camp for Women
LADIES OF ADVENTURE BOOT CAMP SPEAK....
"I ABSOLUTELY LOVE bootcamp. The workouts are fun which is great b/c I am one of those people who needs a coach to kick my arse in gear. Stacy is really supportive and motivating. I had no idea when I was signing up for this just exactly what I was going to get from it. I can already start to see the benefits." -Danielle
"Bootcamp was great! It was a lot of fun to do the circuits in teams. I've actually found it pretty easy to get up, bootcamp feels more like fun than work (except for the sore muscles!)" -Elizabeth
"After starting Adventure Boot Camp I do not feel as fatigued as I usually did before beginning the sessions. I go out for long walks now and my husband has to struggle to keep up with me! I actually wake up at 4 am without an alarm ready to go to camp (insane, I know, who would of thought!)" -Marisol
When you are on the treadmill don’t hold on. If you hold on while walking or jogging, it decreases the intensity, which decreases your calorie burn by up to 24 percent.
NYC ADVENTURE BOOT CAMP
Check Out Some Of My Additional Services